Recommendations?

Show us all your inner otaku.
goldencheruby Offline
Magician
Reactions score: 11
Pronouns: she/her/her(s)

Recommendations?

Post by goldencheruby »

I never watched a lot of anime but my best friend used to show me some animes she grew up with and I really enjoyed Naruto, Inuyasha and Ranma 1/2. Pokemon and Sailor Moon were pretty cool too
Does anyone have any recommendations for similar animes? I tried a few like Tokyo Ghoul and Fairy Tail but didn't like them that much so I'm lost on what to try next. I think I prefer 80s / 90s animes
Check out my website if you want :inlove:

https://y2kspace.yooco.de/home.html

:butterfly:
Megan Offline
Sage
Reactions score: 95

Re: Recommendations?

Post by Megan »

Slayers is really good. I haven’t seen the newer seasons but the first 3 are definitely good. Probably one of my favorites. Also would recommend Trigun and Fullmetal Alchemist. Oh and if you liked Sailor Moon probably Cardcaptor Sakura.
Juneberry Offline
Sage
Reactions score: 55
Discord: .juneberry

Post by Juneberry »

Cardcaptor Sakura is definitely a good option if you like Sailor Moon, to me. If you want a darker magical girl series a lot of people might recommend Madoka Magica, though it as a bit too overwhelming in the visuals for me personally. Hm... It has less action than most of those, but Natsume's Book of Friends, my favorite, is good if you need something relaxing with emotional focus that just occasionally has some action/spooky moments? :3
goldencheruby Offline
Magician
Reactions score: 11

Post by goldencheruby »

Megan wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:56 pm Slayers is really good. I haven’t seen the newer seasons but the first 3 are definitely good. Probably one of my favorites. Also would recommend Trigun and Fullmetal Alchemist. Oh and if you liked Sailor Moon probably Cardcaptor Sakura.
Juneberry wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:58 pm Cardcaptor Sakura is definitely a good option if you like Sailor Moon, to me. If you want a darker magical girl series a lot of people might recommend Madoka Magica, though it as a bit too overwhelming in the visuals for me personally. Hm... It has less action than most of those, but Natsume's Book of Friends, my favorite, is good if you need something relaxing with emotional focus that just occasionally has some action/spooky moments? :3
Thank you!! I'll check them out soon!
Check out my website if you want :inlove:

https://y2kspace.yooco.de/home.html

:butterfly: