Gravity Falls

Discuss your favorite movies and television programs.
Megan Offline
Sage
Reactions score: 95

Gravity Falls

Post by Megan »

Gravity Falls is a cartoon that was on Disney XD. For those that don't know about it:

Its about twins, Dipper and Mable Pines. They are sent for the summer to stay with their great uncle Stan (whom they refer to as Grunkle Stan) in the town of Gravity Falls. While there Dipper uncovers a mysterious journal that tells of various supernatural things that happen in Gravity Falls. The series tells of the various adventures they have while dealing with these things while trying to figure out the mystery of who wrote the journal.

Anyone else here fans?

I myself am a huuuuge fan. I got into it around season 2. I was bored and happened upon it. The whole plot with the journal drew me in and I soon was hooked. Even managed to get my brother into it. I used to bring him home stuff from work from McDonalds and in exchange I made him watch episodes. So it holds a bit of sentimental value to me since we watched most of the series together.

Actually have a whole shelf for all my Gravity Falls stuff. My most prized is the special edition of Journal 3 with the black light features in it, which was also signed by the creator. That book was hard to get. I originally missed out but then they came in with more to order. I also have the regular edition signed as well. Excited about the new book about Bill coming out too.
AF-Founder Offline
Neophyte
Reactions score: 1

Re: Gravity Falls

Post by AF-Founder »

So that's what is called. I recall seeing it in Cartoon Network along side with adventure time and regular show. No wonder why I couldn't ever find it. Not a huge fan, but I did like the show. However, I did not see all of the episodes in order.
Megan Offline
Sage

Post by Megan »

AF-Founder wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:35 pm So that's what is called. I recall seeing it in Cartoon Network along side with adventure time and regular show. No wonder why I couldn't ever find it. Not a huge fan, but I did like the show. However, I did not see all of the episodes in order.
You may be thinking of Steven Universe I think. Gravity Falls never aired on Cartoon Network, just Disney. Though also am a fan of that show (which also has its own shelf!). :purpleheart:
Ravenfreak Offline
Mage
Reactions score: 46
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Ravenfreak »

Yeah that sounds like Steven Universe, which I like a bit better than Gravity Falls but I love Gravity Falls too! My wife and I got into the show too late though, we did get to watch the final season as it aired but we both wish we got into the show when it first came out.
Megan Offline
Sage

Post by Megan »

Yeah I got into it during the last season. I had remembered hearing about but didn’t think much of it. Granted I thought the same of Steven Universe but ended up loving that as well.