How do you deal with anger?

Discuss anything related to your real life here. This can include things that are going well, things you would like to improve, or even complaints and rants.
Ravenfreak Offline
Mage
Reactions score: 46
Pronouns: he/him/his

How do you deal with anger?

Post by Ravenfreak »

I'm a person who tends to be quick to anger. I've been trying to get better at not freaking out when I get angry, but it's been tough. If you deal with anger issues, how do you handle it? Once I do get angry I tend to get over it very quickly now but that still doesn't stop me from doing stupid things or saying stupid things at times. :( I need to think straight when I'm angry but it's hard.
TechWiz18 Offline
Wizard
Reactions score: 154
Discord: TechWiz18

Re: How do you deal with anger?

Post by TechWiz18 »

Over the years I've gotten better, a little therapy has helped as well. Identifying why I'm angry is good and then in the moment forcing myself to figure out how to calmly get away from the situation and take in a few deep breaths so that the logical part of my brain can kick in again.
I bet you can't see me now!
Progrumz Online!
Site Admin
Reactions score: 439
Discord: @progrumz

Post by Progrumz »

I'm very strange in this regard. I deal with extremely stressful and abusive situations at my job, and I'm able to stay calm and rational in those situations. However, I get very frustrated over minor inconveniences in my day-to-day life. I think I've gotten better, but I still have work to do.
no puedes leer esto
Megan Offline
Sage
Reactions score: 95

Post by Megan »

I tend to sometimes explode and yell when I get mad. It’s hard to keep my mouth shut when I get mad enough. Sometimes if I walk away it helps.
Progrumz Online!
Site Admin
Reactions score: 439
Discord: @progrumz

Post by Progrumz »

Megan wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:02 pm I tend to sometimes explode and yell when I get mad. It’s hard to keep my mouth shut when I get mad enough. Sometimes if I walk away it helps.
Yeah, it can be difficult to hold your tongue when you're angry.
no puedes leer esto
TechWiz18 Offline
Wizard
Reactions score: 154
Discord: TechWiz18

Post by TechWiz18 »

Progrumz wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:37 pm I'm very strange in this regard. I deal with extremely stressful and abusive situations at my job, and I'm able to stay calm and rational in those situations. However, I get very frustrated over minor inconveniences in my day-to-day life. I think I've gotten better, but I still have work to do.
Sometimes the little stuff has a way of getting under the skin, they sneak in there.
I bet you can't see me now!