Wouldn't You Know It? June's a Poet!

Do you have a knack for writing? Let us see your work!
Juneberry Offline
Sage
Reactions score: 55
Discord: .juneberry
Pronouns: she/her/her(s)

Wouldn't You Know It? June's a Poet!

Post by Juneberry »

Yes, I had to make a rhyming joke name for this thread... But I figure, since I share this poetry I've been working on lately with people on other sites and on writing discords... I might as well force you all to witness it too! Since I have quite a number already, I'll be using spoilers either way... But yeah. These are all poems I'm trying to write in the style of a character of mine for a story. She's technically a ghost by the time the story starts, but these are all poems I'm writing to learn how she wrote when she was alive, 'cause the main character (her son) is obsessed with her published works.

I'll include the prompts (which I got from various places) in the spoilers with the poems as makeshift titles. I'm gonna be lazy and not note the kind of poem each one is though... Since 99% of them are freeverse of some kind anyway. If you have a prompt idea, let me know. I need all I can get. xD Future poems will probably be in new posts though, since this one's already got a lot.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Progrumz Online!
Site Admin
Reactions score: 439
Discord: @progrumz
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Wouldn't You Know It? June's a Poet!

Post by Progrumz »

Very neat! I am always too shy to show things that I've written, not that I've written anything worthwhile for a long time. XD
no puedes leer esto
goldencheruby Offline
Magician
Reactions score: 11

Post by goldencheruby »

Love your poems they're so good!! First, third and last are my favourites :)
I usually write novels but I did write a few poems over the years too. I might share them soon but I'm not sure yet xD
Check out my website if you want :inlove:

https://y2kspace.yooco.de/home.html

:butterfly:
Progrumz Online!
Site Admin
Reactions score: 439
Discord: @progrumz
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Progrumz »

goldencheruby wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:19 pm Love your poems they're so good!! First, third and last are my favourites :)
I usually write novels but I did write a few poems over the years too. I might share them soon but I'm not sure yet xD
You should! I'm sure they're lovely. :)
no puedes leer esto
Juneberry Offline
Sage
Reactions score: 55
Discord: .juneberry

Post by Juneberry »

goldencheruby wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:19 pm Love your poems they're so good!! First, third and last are my favourites :)
I've been writing all sorts of things since I was like 10. I started with poetry and moved on to stories, and now I write a mix. Like these being for a story themselves. xD