What OS Do You Run?

Discuss anything software-related.
TechWiz18 Offline
Wizard
Reactions score: 175
Discord: TechWiz18

Re: What OS Do You Run?

Post by TechWiz18 »

Depends on the device haha, I have Windows 10 still on the desktop my wife uses because I haven't decided to subject her to 11 until necessary but my work and home laptops are on Windows 11.
I bet you can't see me now!
Progrumz Offline
Site Admin
Reactions score: 449
Discord: @progrumz
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Progrumz »

It's interesting how Microsoft is rolling out Windows 11 much more gradually than they did Windows 10. With Windows 10, literally anybody could upgrade to it right away; it seems they are being far more cautious with Windows 11. Maybe they realize that most of the pushback they got on Windows 10 was related to how suddenly it was pushed on people.
no puedes leer esto
TechWiz18 Offline
Wizard

Post by TechWiz18 »

Progrumz wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:23 pm It's interesting how Microsoft is rolling out Windows 11 much more gradually than they did Windows 10. With Windows 10, literally anybody could upgrade to it right away; it seems they are being far more cautious with Windows 11. Maybe they realize that most of the pushback they got on Windows 10 was related to how suddenly it was pushed on people.
There's also the factor of the new hardware requirement they put in place. You have to have a computer with a TPM module unless you know how to bypass the check.
Progrumz Offline
Site Admin
Reactions score: 449
Discord: @progrumz
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Progrumz »

Part of me wonders if they did that so that people wouldn't run it on inappropriate hardware and assume that the operating system is bad because it doesn't run well on their outdated hardware.
no puedes leer esto
TechWiz18 Offline
Wizard

Post by TechWiz18 »

I wouldn't be surprised but also not surprised if it was thoroughly thought through.

I updated a laptop we have that had no business upgrading cause it lacks a TPM. Where there's a will there's a way and turns out there's a way to bypass the requirement.