Health

Discuss anything related to your real life here. This can include things that are going well, things you would like to improve, or even complaints and rants.
Juneberry Offline
Sage
Reactions score: 55
Discord: .juneberry
Pronouns: she/her/her(s)

Health

Post by Juneberry »

How's your health lately? As someone with lots of health problems, I'm naturally curious.
(Also, I'm super nervous about seeing my hematologist on Wednesday...)
Progrumz Online!
Site Admin
Reactions score: 439
Discord: @progrumz
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Health

Post by Progrumz »

I hope your visit to your hematologist goes well. :D

I guess my health is okay, but my immunities do seem a little low. I get sick pretty often. I also have carpal tunnel in both wrists; I need surgery, but I'm delaying it as much as possible...
no puedes leer esto
Juneberry Offline
Sage

Post by Juneberry »

I know the feel of prolonging/delaying surgery. I was told a week or two ago I probably need decompression surgery in my neck by the orthopedist. However, he said it's not super urgent... But he wants to discuss it with me and my dad at the end of the month (dad couldn't go last time).
Progrumz Online!
Site Admin

Post by Progrumz »

I'm just not sure that I can actually go through the process of having the surgery and having to recover...
no puedes leer esto
Megan Offline
Sage
Reactions score: 95

Post by Megan »

Progrumz wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:24 am I hope your visit to your hematologist goes well. :D

I guess my health is okay, but my immunities do seem a little low. I get sick pretty often. I also have carpal tunnel in both wrists; I need surgery, but I'm delaying it as much as possible...
Juneberry wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:30 am I know the feel of prolonging/delaying surgery. I was told a week or two ago I probably need decompression surgery in my neck by the orthopedist. However, he said it's not super urgent... But he wants to discuss it with me and my dad at the end of the month (dad couldn't go last time).

Eek that's rough. Stuff like that is scary. I hope that goes well for both of you.

Mostly for me I have issues with my bladder. Prone to UTI for one, and bladder just I guess is in rough shape overall. Main thing right now is my kidney's. In stage four kidney disease. Hoping I don't have to do dialysis or transplant eventually. They only found that this year. Guess that explains most of my issues I've been having. Also makes me have anemia so I get worn out a lot.
Juneberry Offline
Sage

Post by Juneberry »

Megan wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:55 pm Mostly for me I have issues with my bladder. Prone to UTI for one, and bladder just I guess is in rough shape overall. Main thing right now is my kidney's. In stage four kidney disease. Hoping I don't have to do dialysis or transplant eventually. They only found that this year. Guess that explains most of my issues I've been having. Also makes me have anemia so I get worn out a lot.
Sorry to hear about this too! I have always had anemia tendencies myself... but mostly for other reasons. Though who knows? Might relate to the sudden thrombocytosis diagnosis I'm getting checked. :'D Either way... Kidney disease is scary. My godfather was on dialysis a long time. :c I hope you won't need it!
Megan Offline
Sage

Post by Megan »

Juneberry wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:58 pm
Megan wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:55 pm Mostly for me I have issues with my bladder. Prone to UTI for one, and bladder just I guess is in rough shape overall. Main thing right now is my kidney's. In stage four kidney disease. Hoping I don't have to do dialysis or transplant eventually. They only found that this year. Guess that explains most of my issues I've been having. Also makes me have anemia so I get worn out a lot.
Sorry to hear about this too! I have always had anemia tendencies myself... but mostly for other reasons. Though who knows? Might relate to the sudden thrombocytosis diagnosis I'm getting checked. :'D Either way... Kidney disease is scary. My godfather was on dialysis a long time. :c I hope you won't need it!
Aw, thanks. Honestly I think it was going on for a while. Guess that's why I was always tired. XD
Progrumz Online!
Site Admin

Post by Progrumz »

@Megan I'm sorry to hear about your kidney problems. :( I hope that it can be managed without requiring a transplant.
no puedes leer esto
Megan Offline
Sage

Post by Megan »

Progrumz wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:44 pm @Megan I'm sorry to hear about your kidney problems. :( I hope that it can be managed without requiring a transplant.
Thanks.=3
Hulk Offline
Sage
Reactions score: 77

Post by Hulk »

I've got type 2 diabetes which has caused some issues with my eyes but the eye doctors are looking into options. The biggest thing that could happen if I don't get them sorted is permanent blurry vision with no way to fix it once it happens.

I've had it for about ten years and due to my own stupidity I didn't have the medication I was given for so many years so it's caused some issues with my health.