Talk about your favorite titles.
Juneberry Offline
Sage
Reactions score: 55
Discord: .juneberry
Pronouns: she/her/her(s)

Favorite Game/Franchise?

Post by Juneberry »

If you're in this sub-forum, you probably love games. But what's your FAVORITE game (or franchise)? If you have a few it's fine, but try to narrow it down. I know it's easier said than done though!

For me, it's definitely either Rune Factory or Pokemon, generally speaking. I also like similar games, like Story of Seasons/Harvest Moon. Unfortunately, 99% of those games don't work on my mac...
Progrumz Online!
Site Admin
Reactions score: 439
Discord: @progrumz
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Favorite Game/Franchise?

Post by Progrumz »

My favorite game of all time is Ultima Online. It's the game that basically started the MMORPG genre, though it has been relatively obscure for years. I have never played another MMORPG that I enjoy nearly as much. It also has the nostalgia factor since I played it for a large chunk of my childhood.
no puedes leer esto
Megan Offline
Sage
Reactions score: 95

Post by Megan »

You expect me to choose? XD

But probably my number one would be the Lunar series. After that probably Grandia, then Chrono, then probably Final Fantasy.
Progrumz Online!
Site Admin
Reactions score: 439
Discord: @progrumz
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Progrumz »

I've never played any of the Final Fantasy games to be honest. I've heard that they are good, though.
no puedes leer esto
Megan Offline
Sage

Post by Megan »

Progrumz wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:55 pm I've never played any of the Final Fantasy games to be honest. I've heard that they are good, though.
Yep, grew up on those. Though didn't get super into them till after playing the original VII. Then, started to play the other ones we had around, mostly the Snes ones we had which was II/IV and III/VI. Me personally always liked IV, VI, VII, and IX the best. Actually finally played all the old ones (I-VI) with the pixel remasters that came out. There were a couple in there I hadn't gotten to playing before that even if I had some of them. Haven't played too much of the more recent ones. Played some of XI and XIV, and some of XV (which I plan to finish someday), and the VII first part (which I also have yet to finish, though it was awesome).
Juneberry Offline
Sage

Post by Juneberry »

Only Final Fantasy game I really got into (which is when I was younger) was the Crystal Chronicles spinoff. I do have VIII but I just couldn't get into it.
Megan Offline
Sage

Post by Megan »

Juneberry wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:03 pm Only Final Fantasy game I really got into (which is when I was younger) was the Crystal Chronicles spinoff. I do have VIII but I just couldn't get into it.
I never got too into Crystal Chronicles. I guess cause it was so different than the main series. And VIII...while it's a good game, just wasn't a favorite. Didn't like how difficult all the regular battles were where you had to go all out on normal enemies and was way too serious for my tastes compared to some others in the series.
Juneberry Offline
Sage

Post by Juneberry »

Megan wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:27 pm
Juneberry wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:03 pm Only Final Fantasy game I really got into (which is when I was younger) was the Crystal Chronicles spinoff. I do have VIII but I just couldn't get into it.
I never got too into Crystal Chronicles. I guess cause it was so different than the main series. And VIII...while it's a good game, just wasn't a favorite. Didn't like how difficult all the regular battles were where you had to go all out on normal enemies and was way too serious for my tastes compared to some others in the series.
Maybe that's why I never got too into it? I wasn't really big on VIII myself, but it was a gift from an ex (that I was dating at the time, obviously) so I still tried it. xD
Megan Offline
Sage

Post by Megan »

Juneberry wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:40 pm
Megan wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:27 pm
Maybe that's why I never got too into it? I wasn't really big on VIII myself, but it was a gift from an ex (that I was dating at the time, obviously) so I still tried it. xD
I remember when that came out. I had just jumped on the Final Fantasy fan wagon after playing VII and stupidly thought it might continue from VII. XD

I still played it, and did beat it eventually though I think I got fed up and used a game shark on the final boss.
Shortie Offline
Apprentice
Reactions score: 6

Post by Shortie »

One of my favourite game franchises would have to be the Halo franchise. I have played every Halo game so far from the very first Halo to Infinite and I have not been disappointed once.

I do have a favourite in the franchise though and that is Halo 3.