Cloud Gaming

Talk about gaming in general.
TechWiz18 Online!
Wizard
Reactions score: 154
Discord: TechWiz18

Cloud Gaming

Post by TechWiz18 »

What do you all think about Cloud Gaming? Have you tried it in any capacity?

We only have the means for one gaming computer in our house right now and my wife uses it for content creation. That leaves me with a fairly dated laptop. So I decided to venture into some research on Cloud Gaming, I ended up landing on Maximum Settings. While it is Linux based I can play pretty much all of my Steam games without much performance issue.

The one issue I do continue to run into though is weird coloring artifacts. Despite my bandwidth being enough and my settings being set properly. The only thing I have to wonder is if it's just the network adapter on my laptop.
I bet you can't see me now!
Juneberry Offline
Sage
Reactions score: 55
Discord: .juneberry
Pronouns: she/her/her(s)

Re: Cloud Gaming

Post by Juneberry »

I do use some Cloud gaming if you include just generally Steam games that use saving in the cloud so you can play it from each computer at the same spot you left off on another... Though I rarely use it for that anyway. Otherwise though? Never really used it.
Progrumz Offline
Site Admin
Reactions score: 437
Discord: @progrumz
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Progrumz »

I've thought about it, but I was never sure how the performance would be. My computer is decent enough for most games, but my GPU is pretty weak.
no puedes leer esto
TechWiz18 Online!
Wizard
Reactions score: 154
Discord: TechWiz18

Post by TechWiz18 »

From my experience it is pretty good overall you just need to have a good connection with the remote machines and not all services are created equal, so it is definitely something you'd want to do your research on.
I bet you can't see me now!