Belief Systems

Discuss anything related to your real life here. This can include things that are going well, things you would like to improve, or even complaints and rants.
Juneberry Offline
Sage
Reactions score: 55
Discord: .juneberry
Pronouns: she/her/her(s)

Belief Systems

Post by Juneberry »

I've seen people discuss religion before, and belief systems as a whole- heck, I've taken part. So, I thought I'd make a thread dedicated to it (after getting permission just to be safe.)

So... What's your religion/belief system? Is it the one you grew up with? I'm curious to know!

I personally am not the same religion I was raised... and by that, I mean I'm generally areligious, but spiritual. I was brought up Jewish by my family, but once I was 13 and had my bat mitzvah, my grandmother mostly stopped trying to force it on me. Since, technically, I was 'officially of age as a Jewish person' and such.

While I am not religious, I'm actually a minister of the Universal Life Church... But that's not a religious group per say. It's an organization of ministsers from all walks of life and religious backgrounds, ordained under one cause. The only doctrine is “Do that which is right.” Basically, as long as I'm not being fraudulent or impeding on anyone else's faith, I'm fine.
Progrumz Offline
Site Admin
Reactions score: 449
Discord: @progrumz
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Belief Systems

Post by Progrumz »

I'm an atheist, probably bordering on antitheist, although I don't discuss religion much.
no puedes leer esto
AF-Founder Offline
Neophyte
Reactions score: 1

Post by AF-Founder »

2 things I never mix in a interaction: religion & politics.

I do believe in a higher power. I don't use any of the words use in the bibles/religions but I do sense that all do share a grasp of truth in their own religion. But religions have been created to divide and conquer.
Progrumz Offline
Site Admin
Reactions score: 449
Discord: @progrumz
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Progrumz »

AF-Founder wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:43 pm But religions have been created to divide and conquer.
It certainly seems that way!
no puedes leer esto
Juneberry Offline
Sage
Reactions score: 55
Discord: .juneberry
Pronouns: she/her/her(s)

Post by Juneberry »

AF-Founder wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:43 pm 2 things I never mix in a interaction: religion & politics.
I concur completely. I just find it interesting to learn people's thoughts on spirituality and stuff in general. I don't recommend mixing it with politics. Or most other things really.
TechWiz18 Offline
Wizard
Reactions score: 175
Discord: TechWiz18

Post by TechWiz18 »

I am of the Christian belief system. Growing up it was sort of around, my dad and step mom went to a church for awhile but as a kid I was bored out of my mind. We stopped and then my grandparents had a church that was engaging and didn't put me to sleep but one thing led to another and I sort of walked away for a period going through more of an Agnostic path for quite some time.

It wasn't until I was in my 20's I ended up making a personal decision that led me to where I am today.
I bet you can't see me now!