Polymega - Modular emulation console!

Talk about gaming in general.
Smokey Offline
Novice
Reactions score: 4
Pronouns: he/him/his

Polymega - Modular emulation console!

Post by Smokey »

Has anyone ever seen or heard of the Polymega? It's a new(ish) emulation console that uses modules for various cartridge based consoles, but it also has a CD base unit that accepts the likes of PS1, Sega Saturn, Sega CD, Neo Geo CD and more.

It doesn't just let you play the games from your original copies, but you can also download and install them onto a SSD and play them without the need of the original cartridge or disc. It's a great way to catalog and preserve your collection. I'm going to be receiving mine next week and I cannot wait! :D
Juneberry Offline
Sage
Reactions score: 55
Discord: .juneberry
Pronouns: she/her/her(s)

Re: Polymega - Modular emulation console!

Post by Juneberry »

I hadn't heard of it, but it'd be interesting- especially if I can get a copy of Evolution 1 and 2 after it gets Dreamcast support. :D
Ravenfreak Offline
Mage
Reactions score: 46

Post by Ravenfreak »

I really want to get one of these! Also Juneberry I have those games! I still need to get around to playing through each of them. I have the first game disc only but a complete copy of the sequel. There's also one for the Neo Geo Pocket Color correct? I don't have that one though.
Juneberry Offline
Sage
Reactions score: 55
Discord: .juneberry
Pronouns: she/her/her(s)

Post by Juneberry »

Ravenfreak wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:28 am I really want to get one of these! Also Juneberry I have those games! I still need to get around to playing through each of them. I have the first game disc only but a complete copy of the sequel. There's also one for the Neo Geo Pocket Color correct? I don't have that one though.
I'm so jealous! I only learned about them long later when they made the remake that combined 1 & 2 for Gamecube, and I never had a Dreamcast, only a Genesis...
Progrumz Online!
Site Admin
Reactions score: 439
Discord: @progrumz

Post by Progrumz »

That does sound interesting! I'm not particularly good with physical media, though. XD
no puedes leer esto