Surgery

Discuss anything related to your real life here. This can include things that are going well, things you would like to improve, or even complaints and rants.
Juneberry Offline
Sage
Reactions score: 55
Discord: .juneberry
Pronouns: she/her/her(s)

Surgery

Post by Juneberry »

Have you ever had surgery? It can be any kind, I'm just curious if others have had it and what their thoughts are.

I've had two oral surgeries (well, not sure if wisdom tooth extraction fully counts as 'surgery', but I'm 90% sure franectomy does).

I've also had a cardiac ablation, which is a just slightly invasive surgery using a catheter in the veins/arteries to look into the heart and in my case burn some extra nerves that weren't supposed to be there. :D This was the only surgery of my three that had included general anesthesia at some point during it.

I've also been told I may need a spinal decompression surgery in the future (not sure how near- we're talking about it more on the 30th) because of my spinal stenosis.

What about you guys? Anyone else have surgery before?
Megan Offline
Sage
Reactions score: 95

Re: Surgery

Post by Megan »

I had some scope thing done last year. They put some kind of scope to look in my bladder and kidneys and put some stuff in (I don’t remember any of the actual real terms) to see what was going on. They figured out that when I pee it shoots back up into my kidneys, which apparently damages them. Fun stuff!

Dunno if their ever do anything with that. It’s apparently usually fixed when you’re younger usually, but they didn’t find it till now. May may not need a transplant for my kidneys at some point. Hopefully not. My sister is literally all ready to donate hers if she can. XD I jokingly told her I don’t want her inside me. XD
Progrumz Online!
Site Admin
Reactions score: 439
Discord: @progrumz
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Progrumz »

I haven't had surgery yet, but I'm sure it's coming considering I have moderate carpal tunnel in both wrists. D:
no puedes leer esto
PGen98 Offline
Sorcerer
Reactions score: 26

Post by PGen98 »

I have had numerous ingrown toenail removals, two permanent toenail removals, one kidney stone extraction surgery, one major surgery on my left kidney, several minor surgeries on different things and 12 vein ablation surgeries to close veins in my legs.
This is a signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
Hulk Offline
Sage
Reactions score: 77

Post by Hulk »

I had to have one when I was a kid because I would walk on my tip toes :o

I've had a couple minor ones as an adult but they were more abscess related although I did get put to sleep for those.
Kermionie Offline
Novice
Reactions score: 5

Post by Kermionie »

I have had quite a few surgeries but there are too many to list.

Three of them were specifically to remove cancer, so they were necessary and the hospital I went to was an amazing place.
Progrumz Online!
Site Admin

Post by Progrumz »

Kermionie wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:15 pm I have had quite a few surgeries but there are too many to list.

Three of them were specifically to remove cancer, so they were necessary and the hospital I went to was an amazing place.
My dad died of cancer almost two years ago. He had pretty extensive brain surgery in his last year of life. I'm glad that they were able to manage your cancer.
no puedes leer esto
PGen98 Offline
Sorcerer
Reactions score: 26

Post by PGen98 »

Progrumz wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:32 pm
Kermionie wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:15 pm I have had quite a few surgeries but there are too many to list.

My dad died of cancer almost two years ago. He had pretty extensive brain surgery in his last year of life. I'm glad that they were able to manage your cancer.
I'm so sorry to hear that :purpleheart:
This is a signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
Progrumz Online!
Site Admin

Post by Progrumz »

It's okay. He's no longer suffering.
no puedes leer esto
Juneberry Offline
Sage
Reactions score: 55
Discord: .juneberry

Post by Juneberry »

I'm glad he's not suffering and that he's in a better place, but I still send my condolences. <3