Dealing With Grief

Discuss anything related to your real life here. This can include things that are going well, things you would like to improve, or even complaints and rants.
Ravenfreak Offline
Mage
Reactions score: 46
Pronouns: he/him/his

Dealing With Grief

Post by Ravenfreak »

Unfortunately, we all have to go at some point and we all deal with grief at some point in our lives. My Uncle passed away a few weekends ago and we had his celebration of life yesterday. The week leading up to the celebration of life has left me a bit all over the place. At work I don't let the grief get to me, but for a while when I was at home I would get upset. Prior to losing my Uncle, I also lost my cat Gizmo last month so 2024 hasn't really been that kind to my wife and I. How do you handle your own grief? I tend to listen to music and play video games, and it has helped me. I'm doing much better now, but I can't imagine what my cousins are going through. Especially since last Sunday was Father's Day.
Megan Offline
Sage
Reactions score: 95

Re: Dealing With Grief

Post by Megan »

I’m so sorry. *hug*

Losing people or animals is hard. I dunno it doesn’t affect me super hard. Like I get sad and stuff, but just doesn’t seem as…deep as others.