Sailor Moon

Show us all your inner otaku.
Ravenfreak Offline
Mage
Reactions score: 46
Pronouns: he/him/his

Sailor Moon

Post by Ravenfreak »

Sailor Moon is a classic! I didn't watch it growing up however, I actually watched it for the first time in 2020. My wife and I watched the subbed version, the dub was badly censored when it first aired here in the United States. I know there's a more recent dub that doesn't censor anything, I watched it a little bit but the voice acting wasn't as good as the original Japanese voice acting. Sailor Neptune is my favorite character, and I love her relationship with Sailor Uranus. I think it's stupid that the original English dub made them "cousins." :V
Megan Offline
Sage
Reactions score: 95

Re: Sailor Moon

Post by Megan »

I’m a huuuge fan of Sailor Moon. Have been since the days of the Dic dub. While it was bad, it’s still nostalgic. Always did like those particular voices as well. The voices for season 3 and on were horrid. I haven’t watched too much of Viz’s dub. I usually will watch it subbed.

I love Sailor Moon Crystal as well. I know a lot of fans complain about it, but I just love the fact that it followed the manga so much more than the original anime. Though always wish they hid stuck with the art style of the first couple seasons.

Ha I remember the cousins thing. I remember friends always joking “their close cousins.” There actually was a lot of stuff like that throughout the series they edited out.

Myself I like Sailor Moon and Chibi Moon.
Progrumz Offline
Site Admin
Reactions score: 437
Discord: @progrumz
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Progrumz »

I didn't realize that they censored the anime so badly for the original English dub. :O
no puedes leer esto
Megan Offline
Sage
Reactions score: 95

Post by Megan »

I never did when I first watched it. Heck didn’t even know it was anime till a friend I made in middle school told me. In particular the first two seasons. Actually were whole episodes cut. I know the last two of season one were cut and like pasted together basically.

If I recall they got slightly better with editing by the time they got to season 3 and 4 (though I think it was a different company doing it by that time). I don’t recall them completely cutting many if any episodes. Though they did skip the last season. Actually didn’t come to the US till Viz did their dub of it.