Health scares

Discuss anything related to your real life here. This can include things that are going well, things you would like to improve, or even complaints and rants.
Shortie Offline
Apprentice
Reactions score: 6
Pronouns: she/her/her(s)

Health scares

Post by Shortie »

Many people suffer from health scares from time to time. Whether it be something unusual that happens that worries you or maybe you fall ill and it is severe enough, it makes you scared.

I haven't had a health scare in a while, the last time I had a health scare was in early 2015 when I was dizzy and had bad heart palpitations. It turned out that it was just bad anxiety which made sense being that was the year I took a big step.

Have you had any health scares?
Megan Offline
Sage
Reactions score: 95

Re: Health scares

Post by Megan »

I did pass out twice. Once in high school day before an exam at home in the bathroom. Did end up at the hospital, and came home like the next day. I think they claimed it was stress or something. I don’t really remember. Like the next year was during school. I think I had been asking to go to the nurse and I woke up on the floor. XD

Another time at work, I was getting bad pains in the side I think or something like that. I called my mom and she told me to see if I could leave cause she thought it could be my appendix. I left work early to go to the ER, but it was a really bad UTI.
SportsdudeRy Offline
Apprentice
Reactions score: 13

Post by SportsdudeRy »

I was born with chronic pain and it can get extremely bad when it acts up. When I was a young kid it was scary at the time as me and the parents didn’t know what was happening with me. Had so many visits to the doctor and I was officially diagnosed with it at age 8.
Megan Offline
Sage

Post by Megan »

SportsdudeRy wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 6:05 pm I was born with chronic pain and it can get extremely bad when it acts up. When I was a young kid it was scary at the time as me and the parents didn’t know what was happening with me. Had so many visits to the doctor and I was officially diagnosed with it at age 8.
Ouch. That sounds so scary!
SportsdudeRy Offline
Apprentice
Reactions score: 13

Post by SportsdudeRy »

Megan wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:31 pm
SportsdudeRy wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 6:05 pm I was born with chronic pain and it can get extremely bad when it acts up. When I was a young kid it was scary at the time as me and the parents didn’t know what was happening with me. Had so many visits to the doctor and I was officially diagnosed with it at age 8.

It was at the time indeed when I was younger but in looking at the positive perspective of my medical journey it’s not a life threatening thing, rather more an annoyance but I’ve learned to be okay with that and managed okay with it. 😎
Megan Offline
Sage

Post by Megan »

SportsdudeRy wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 1:48 am

It was at the time indeed when I was younger but in looking at the positive perspective of my medical journey it’s not a life threatening thing, rather more an annoyance but I’ve learned to be okay with that and managed okay with it. 😎
Well that’s good. And a good way to be about it! :pinkheart:
Progrumz Offline
Site Admin
Reactions score: 437
Discord: @progrumz
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Progrumz »

SportsdudeRy wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 1:48 am

I'm glad you've found a way to live with it. :)
no puedes leer esto
zawazuki Offline
Magician
Reactions score: 22
Discord: zawazuki

Post by zawazuki »

I had two seizures when I was nineteen. Thankfully, they never happened again. I believe that it was due to an overdose of vitamins. I had just started taking supplements and I didn't examine/research enough into how much I was consuming.
Megan Offline
Sage

Post by Megan »

zawazuki wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 1:57 pm I had two seizures when I was nineteen. Thankfully, they never happened again. I believe that it was due to an overdose of vitamins. I had just started taking supplements and I didn't examine/research enough into how much I was consuming.
That’s still pretty scary!